Volunteer for IML!
Thank for your interest in joining the IML Volunteer family. Because of the huge amount of time and effort to make the weekend a success, we need volunteers such as yourself (and many others).
Below is a description about each department you can choose shifts from. We ask that you volunteer for a minimum of 12 hours and are most appreciative if you select more than the minimum. The majority of shifts are 4 hours in length with some up to 6 hours.
- Event Transportration
- Volunteer is responsible for checking that attendees have the proper IML credentials for riding the shuttle bus to the IML Events: Thursday Night’s Roast, Opening Ceremonies, Pecs & Personality, Contest, Victory Party, and Black and Blue Ball.
- Day Pass
- Volunteer likes working with people in intense sometimes quiet environment, checking ID’s for proper age, cash register experience, distributing wristbands, or handing out waiver forms for entry into vendor market.
- Event Security
- Great opportunity to see IML Events while controlling the crowd, taking event tickets, monitoring doors, and other locations within theatre.
- Market Security
- Volunteer checks for wristbands and IML credential badges at entrances to the Leather Market, monitors information desk within market, monitors doors within market.
- Vendor Market Set-Up/Take Down
- Volunteer needs to be physically able to move carts, lift boxes of various weights, and not afraid of generating a sweat.
- Volunteer assists with answering phones, special projects that pop up, and be willing to fill in where needed. The Help Desk will also be manned by the extras who are not assigned a particular project.
- Staff Services
- Volunteer looking for quiet and solitude this is the area for you. You are responsible for guarding contestant areas so only proper credentialed individuals go beyond a certain point. Very low key department with the advantage of seeing the contestants.
- Registration Center
- Register weekend package holders and welcome them to IML.
- Boot Black
- Volunteers who are willing to work the crowd fit best here. You will be responsible for selling raffle tickets, travel pins, manning the Bootblack table, help set up boot black party, or securing the Bootblack silent auction.